[The purpose of your contact page changes over time as your business matures. Here’s how I see that progression:
- When you’re starting out, the more conversations you can have with potential clients, the more you’ll learn about their needs (if you listen twice as much as you talk), their persistent problems, the language they use to describe those problems, and other really valuable stuff about their business. So at first, you want to optimize your contact page for volume of conversations.
- At some point--generally after 6 to 18 months of proper marketing effort--you will have more leads coming in from your own marketing efforts than you can handle. At that point you may want to optimize your contact page for qualification, meaning you want your contact page to actively screen out bad fit prospects and force the rest to jump through a few “hoops”.
This template is meant more for people starting their business or changing from a shitty brochure website to their first lead-gen site, so I’ll focus on helping you build the optimize for conversations contact page.
Contact Page Information Architecture
- Free pico-consult CTA w/social proof: This should be a CTA to request or schedule a phone consultation. Do everything you can to define what specific outcomes/benefits the phone consultation will create. You should 100% re-use the CTA from your home page to avoid confusing site visitors.
- Contact information (optional): Include your email address and phone number/Skype handle.
- Location (optional): If you want to emphasize that you are close to your clients, include an address or map with a pin in it or the like.]
Complementary Course Diagnostic [example for someone in the e-learning niche]
With 30 minutes spent looking over your course content together, we can diagnose the root cause(s) of poor learning and financial performance. After 30 minutes on the phone or Skype with me, you will:
- Understand why your course is suffering high abandonment rates
- Have a list of three or more ways to improve learner outcomes
- Know the biggest gap students experience in translating your course content into results
- Have a list of ideas for improving your course marketing
We’ll have to move fast, of course, to get through all this in 30 minutes but don’t worry, I’ll keep us on track. To receive your meeting agenda and scheduling instructions, enter your email address below and click the button.
The best 30 minutes I've spent on my business this quarter!
— Joe Smith, Companyname
Philip Morgan Consulting
404 Bryant St., #10081
San Francisco, CA 94107